Monday, November 10, 2008

Freedom of Religion Includes Freedom From Religion

I am sick of my so-called friends saying that the Mormons and Christians did nothing wrong. They used their religion on their followers to influence their agenda in politics and that is wrong and that is what terrorists do to get people on their side. Cult leaders also do this and they use scare tactics and they reach out to people in their lowest points, ie today's economy. There is no lie or way that is beneath them to get their way, including telling out-right lies, blackmailing, vandalism, and hate. Why anyone would want to donate, contribute or agree with anything that would write actual discrimination into the constitution for any reason is beyond me, unless they are trying to rule the world and they want everyone to be the same.

As Americans, we have to rise above this religious influence, or else we might as well just suicide bomb everyone we don't like in the name of the Lord (and find a made-up book of stories to back us up) and we will all go to heaven for it. There has to be separation of church and state, because not everyone can agree on a religion, but we can agree on that the law is to treat people the same regardless of your religion, your race, your gender, your sexual orientation, your disability, your age. Freedom of religion also means freedom from religion, and while everyone does have freedom of speech, you no more have the right to scream fire in a crowded theater than you do to tell your followers to donate or go to hell to a cause that treats people differently based on who they are, which is completely hypocritical and anti-christian anyway.

I do believe in God and I do believe in Christ, but I also believe in Buddha, reincarnation, the universe, and in the rights and freedoms that America is supposed to offer everyone without bias. So when you insult me and take away my freedom to marry becasue of who I am and make that law, of course I am going to be ANGRY, PISSED, HURT, EMOTIONAL, and BETRAYED. I will not stay quiet and take it, I will scream out and everyone will know. Anyone who is not with me is against me, and no stand is a stand for the opposition. These rights not only affect the gays, but they affect everyone! Now the public can vote against any minority as they seem fit and take away their rights, it can only turn into a witch hunt, civil wars, holocaust or genocide from here. America is supposed to protect the rights of all minorities, and voting for these rights is not an option, and this was mentioned by the Supreme Court when the decision to let gays marry was handed down.

I know that gay rights will be equal one day soon, and I will not be patient and wait for stuff to happen. I stand for making stuff happen and I will not behave properly and suffer quietly! This civil rights fight will make history, and I want to be able to say that I helped and I was there helping to make it happen, if only so that the children of tomorrow don't have to grow up in a hate filled world ruled by the religion of a few of the people.

No comments:

Post a Comment